Wednesday 8 May 2019

A small gift to myslef..

So this is my 1st blog. I just turned to 30 and I am very excited. There are many reasons behind my excitement.Its a new era starting for me. I want to gift something to myself in this very special day. Thought about many things...like a solo trip to some exotic place, a new lens as I love nature photography, a new car(ummm...well... it wasn't bad! But....) , some diamond?! I was thinking since my last birthday :D .. But I wasn't feeling good about any of this... All are some material! That I can buy on any day! I don't find special about this things...as in today's scenario we are buying or having vacation whenever we want.Its not like childhood anymore when I used to get a new dress during Puja or chicken as its the symbol of celebration along with Payesh in birthday. So I thought to gift myself a little freedom..freeing my thinking through words. To connect with more people and hear their story. I don't know how many people will ready my writing or whether there be any single reader . I don't have any expectation from outer world. Its just my world where I want to express my thinking through my writing.



I tried to make a list with most memorable moments of my 30 years life. I don't know whether I am having 30 events or not. If I don't have then I should feel sad. I should feel like I have wasted 1st half of my life. This is my thinking. You don't need to be agree with me :). So lets start with the list.



  • Me and my brother studied in same school . I am his younger sister. When I was in KG , I always used to complain about him to our head mistress and he got full hand every time from her! Well... his activity deserved that 😊😇😈but I feel sorry whenever I imagined his little face😞

  • I cleared admission test in my 5th standard which used to be very tough and got into the best school of my locality. That was quite relaxing moment for me as too much pressure was there.I didn't like my school when I first saw the classrooms! My 1st school where I studied was a private primary school but it had many things. Very nice class rooms, swings, slips a big ground. And my 2nd school which was a govt school , had broken class room, painting they also forgot when for the last time they did that.Benches were bad. Washrooms... was very bad.I remember I told my aunt that I cleared exam to get into a broken school! Was very disappointed.

  • Oh wait.... there are bad moments also! Life is a hill station :) .. I had a teacher.. at that time I was 4 years old. Yes too small, too innocent to understand anything. He molested me. I had this type of experience twice within my 10 years of life. Will talk about it some other day.

  • I got selected in an inter school competition. I was not even a rank holder or nearer to any rank. My percentage from 5th standard to 8th standard degraded very consistently and I became 55 to 60% holder. I don't know why my teachers selected me on that day. But a very deserving girl was left behind. And I felt we were going to represent our school! Our school should win.. I told my teacher about her and the last position ( probably a team of 4 members )got filled by her. We went till final! I don't know whether I was less confident on that day or I was very confident about my friend! But I did the right thing. She became my soul partner! In this whole world if I didn't talk with her for 10 years also, she will be a phone call away from me. Always... 

  • I won a debate competition. After a couple of years I won something. After that bucket which I got in relay race I achieved something. This story is little interesting. I had an English teacher who was not at all a good teacher. He traumatized me in such a way that I always used to cry before going for tuition. Once he told my father that he encouraged students for extra curricular activity. So one day I got a chance in district level debate competition. I don't remember the topic but it was something about which I had no clue. I went to him on the day of the competition and asked his help.He humiliated me by saying "Why are you participating? What's the data point you have collected? Do you know these 2 brilliant students (two batchmates ) is participating in this competition and I gave them very good notes! You are going to loose very badly. You can't prepare the thing in 1 hour!Best of luck" . I was sad.. Crying almost. Then one of my friend who was one of the brilliant students of my teacher's list helped me. She gave me the points. She said she is not going to participant. She had something on that very last moment. I took that one, combined with my points and went in the competition. The another brilliant student of my teacher's list couldn’t speck in nervousness.. I won the competition.. I came 1st. For the 1st time in my 15years of life I got 1st position in something. I found that no matter what's your position in study, no matter how bad you are in your math's, gk, english or any subject..you are good in somthing.You just need that moment where you can prove your ability to the world ...to YOU! My teacher that day was totally shattered! He never congratulated me! And I left his batch! 

  • My Board Result. I got 50% marks in pre board exam. Then my rescuer came. My Elder brother. I feel teary everytime whenever I think where I would be if he wasn't there? Within 3 months he took me from 50% to 80% ! From nowhere to somewhere. From my handwriting to my knowledge..Everything got better and better..I always fall asleep whenever he sits with books. He is a brilliant student though he never accept this by his own. HE SAVED My flight from crash landing. He gave me enough fuel so that I could reach where I am. He not only teach me books or prepared me for exam... He taught me about everything in life. I remember every words.I regained my confidence that I can achieve anything.I am something.

Today... till this... will meet some other day :)



Do you have any such memories? Do you want to share? I am waiting...

1 comment:

An Wonderful experience with BIT

After our successful debut with K.S.R.C.T, our enthusiasm reached a higher level. I, Kannan, and Raghu wanted to continue this to further an...